Air Traffic Engineer
South West of England
Oaklands Global is currently looking to recruit an Air Traffic Engineer (ATE) for a reputable client based in South West of England on a permanent basis.
To ensure that all navigational aids, and technical ATM are sourced, installed, maintained, and perform as per manufactures specification and in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- Ensure that ATE accountabilities are met with respect to SMS, CAP 670, CAP 373, CAP 168 etc, European Directives and relevant Articles under the Air Navigation Order.
- Ensure correct installation and maintenance of all ATM systems, equipment, performance checks and measurements to the standards required by the CAA and other regulatory and control authorities.
- Attain such certificates, approvals and permits as required to satisfy the CAA.
- Ensure that facilities and equipment meet the operational requirement and suggest additions where required.
- Ensure that all technical records are properly kept to the standards required by the airport SMS, CAA and other pertinent authorities.
- Liaise with managers and supervisors to ensure efficient and safe operation of ATS and associated engineering facilities.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant safety regulations.
- Keep fully informed with all aspects of latest technology consistent with the task.
- To maintain confidentiality of information acquired in the course of undertaking duties for the department.
- To be responsible for your own continuing self-development, undertaking training as appropriate.
- To undertake other duties appropriate to the post as determined by Airport Directors.
- Hold a CAA Personal Technical Certificate with broad experience of 5+ years.
- Hold ATSEP qualifications in equipment’s listed below or similar.
- Ability to obtain CAA/DfT Security Clearance
- Experience with VCCS, Navaids, including NM7000 ILS (CatI), Fernau 1117 DME, Southern Avionics SE 125 NDB, Fernau DRDF, Jotron 7750 transmitters, Jotron 7202/ 03 receivers and Copperchase AGL Control & Monitoring System equipment.
- Maris 9000 Primary Surveillance Radar (Plessey 430) and Display System
- Robust Knowledge of Safety Management Principles.
- Robust Knowledge of EASA Requirements.
- Knowledge of and able to complement and comply with SMS and QMS Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Lateral thinker
- Strong technical knowledge
- The ability to adapt to a changing environment.
- Ability to establish good work relationships.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Team player. Self-motivated. Persuasive, tenacious.
- A full valid Driving Licence
- Previous ATE experience and Report writing skills desirable
Why Work With Oaklands Global?
Oaklands Global has 50 years combined experience supporting candidates at all levels to help identify and secure their next position. At Oaklands Global we manage all applications with the upmost professionalism and confidentiality.
If the above opportunity is of interest to you, please apply today to Rob Woodward in confidence.
Whether your profile is shortlisted to the next step of the application process or not, we will keep you informed by telephone or by email.