We are hiring!
6th July 2017
Trainee Recruitment Consultant
So why would you want join Oaklands Global as a trainee? There are several reasons we all came to be who we are as a team:
- We all love to learn and become better at what we do every day. We also like sharing what we have learned with the team. We also don’t think we know everything, so bring in experts to help us learn even more. That’s certainly one reason. You will learn every day.
- We are experts in the field of Aviation & Aerospace. Everybody in our team is an expert in the sector (or on their way to becoming one). You can’t be a great recruiter without understanding the market your candidates and clients experience every day. You will become an expert in Aviation & Aerospace.
- We have fun doing what we do. Yes, we work hard, but we also have a lot of fun on the way. Who wants to work in an office where you can’t enjoy the company of your team as well as what you are doing? We all want everyone to succeed together. It’s not the Hunger Games, we are a team who win as a team.
- The leaders in the business are passionate, knowledgeable, inspiring, supportive and have all been through the journey from trainee to expert. They know what you are feeling the journey you are facing and can help you with all the challenges that will come your way. They value people above everything else. We are all people ourselves, so like being valued.
- You will earn very well once you have completed your training. Recruitment is rewarding financially as well as from a development perspective. You will earn your own commission from the success you have placing your candidates with clients. You can earn over £40,000 in your second year. So that’s pretty good, we think.
But what will I actually be doing?
- The short answer is that you will be talking to people all day. Introducing yourself to people you don’t know. Supporting the people you know already. We have clients all over the world, so you will be engaged in video and phone conversations every day.
- From Day 1 we will partner you with a mentor. This will be an experienced consultant who will guide and support you throughout your training programme. Someone who will answer your questions as you are going through training and applying what you have learned.
- Your training will run through learning our sector specialist, understanding the candidates we support in their careers and finally engaging with our client base to start developing your own network.
Ok, I’m interested, what do I need to bring to the party?
- First of all, you can only really succeed as a consultant if you enjoy being on the phone and engaging with people who 7 know you yet. It’s a large part of the job and the biggest percentage of your daily activity.
- Understanding that recruitment is sales is also important. You are selling our service to both candidates and clients. Confidence, good communication and a resilient nature will serve you well.
- And number one, numero uno, the primo character trait is…….. attitude. You won’t succeed without bringing the right attitude every day. Be present, be committed to what you are doing, complete your daily action plan and then go home to relax. It’s easy really, but so many struggle with what you need to commit to in order to be successful. Sure, we all have bad days, but we knuckle down, supported by the team and get on with it.
If Oaklands Global sounds like a place you could learn, earn, be successful and grow, you should probably apply to this advertisement. We can’t employ everyone who applies, but then you can’t accept every job you apply for. Maybe it’s worth us having a conversation……
by William Finden
William Finden is the Founder and MD of Oaklands Global. He is a seasoned executive search and recruitment specialist with over 16 years of experience, dedicated to the international aviation & aerospace markets. William leads Oaklands Global’s C-Suite practice and has had a successful career delivering at the executive level for a diverse portfolio of clientele including Business Jet Operators, OEM’s, MRO’s, FBO’s Airlines and Rotary businesses. To learn more about how William can assist with your next career move or to discuss your next director level hire please contact him by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
In an age of change and constant innovation, we believe in sharing ideas and discussing a variety of trending topics around recruitment, aviation, aerospace & defence and investment banking. Please peruse our library of blogs and articles below
Bridging the Gap: Combating Middle Management Burnout Aviation Amidst the Skills Shortage
27th November 2023
In the dynamic and highly specialized field of aviation, middle management plays a pivotal role in ensuring safe and efficient operations. However, the industry is grappling with a skills shortage that is placing immense pressure on middle managers. This blog is aimed at aviation professionals at the director level and explores the critical issue of middle management burnout due to the scarcity of skilled candidates in the aviation industry.
Attracting quality applicants to your business
14th July 2023
Before we get ahead of ourselves, and you read this blog thinking what the heck is this guy talking about. Let me ask you a quick question. Has your business seen an increase or decrease in the quality or overall volume of candidates applying to job adverts over the last 12 months?
Is aviation finding it's mojo again?
3rd April 2023
Three years on from the start of the first UK lockdown and the end of the first quarter of 2023 seemed like a good time to reflect on the current state of the aviation industry and see if we can now confidently look to the future.