Aviation & Aerospace - Attracting New Talent
24th February 2023
Attracting new talent across aviation and aerospace is undoubtedly a hot topic right now. COVID-19 really didn't help, but to be honest it's been a looming issue for some time now and even the biggest and best known names are finding certain expertise more than a challenge to recruit. But here are some strategies that we think can be effective.
- Raise awareness: Many young people are simply not aware of the career opportunities available in the sector. By raising awareness through educational programs, social media campaigns, and job fairs, you can help to showcase the opportunities that exist.
- Embrace diversity and inclusivity: The aviation and aerospace industries have historically been male-dominated, but there is a growing recognition of the importance of diversity and inclusivity in the workplace. By actively promoting diversity and inclusivity, you can attract new talent from a wider pool of candidates.
- Collaborate with schools and universities: Partner with schools and universities to create internship programs, work experience opportunities, and other educational initiatives that can expose students to the sector.
- Offer competitive compensation and benefits: To attract new talent, it is important to offer competitive compensation and benefits packages. This can include salaries, health benefits, pensions, and other employee engagement perks.
- Emphasise career development opportunities: Show candidates the potential for career advancement within your company or the industry as a whole. Highlight the opportunities for growth and advancement, and how their skills and experience can be developed over time.
- Use technology and innovation: The aviation and aerospace industries are constantly evolving and incorporating new technologies. In fact with the exciting development of eVTOL, Air Taxis and Drones, now is the perfect time to emphasise the innovative and cutting-edge aspects of the industry, you can attract candidates who are interested in using tech to solve complex problems.
In summary, attracting new talent to the aviation and aerospace industries can be challenging, but it is essential for the industry's growth and future success. Through these efforts, the industry can continue to innovate and evolve, whilst also attracting and retaining the talent it needs to thrive in the years ahead.
by William Finden
William Finden is the Founder and MD of Oaklands Global. He is a seasoned executive search and recruitment specialist with over 16 years of experience, dedicated to the international aviation & aerospace markets. William leads Oaklands Global’s C-Suite practice and has had a successful career delivering at the executive level for a diverse portfolio of clientele including Business Jet Operators, OEM’s, MRO’s, FBO’s Airlines and Rotary businesses. To learn more about how William can assist with your next career move or to discuss your next director level hire please contact him by email: email@example.com