Base Maintenance Manager
£65,000 - £70,000
Oaklands Global are seeking an experienced Base Maintenance Manager to join our clients UK Engineering team. Reporting to the Head of Engineering and has direct access to both the Accountable Manager and Safety Manager. The Base Maintenance Manager is responsible for ensuring that all maintenance required to be carried out, plus any defect rectification during base maintenance, is carried out to the design and quality standards.
- Ensuring appropriate facilities, office accommodations, and work environments are in place for effective maintenance operations.
- Overseeing storage facilities for parts, tools, equipment, and materials, ensuring readiness for planned tasks.
- Building and leading a competent team capable of planning, supervising, inspecting, and certifying maintenance work.
- Ensuring adequate availability of tools, equipment, and materials for planned tasks.
- Maintaining complete and accurate maintenance records in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- Promptly notifying the Accountable Manager of any financial or standards-related deficiencies.
- Establishing and publishing comprehensive maintenance procedures within the organization to uphold high standards of airworthiness and workmanship.
- Managing the reporting of aircraft or component conditions affecting safety to manufacturers and regulatory authorities as necessary
- Essential experience in a Part-145 environment, complemented by a basic understanding of Part-M requirements.
- Advantageous background as a previous Form 4 Holder, although the ability to hold a Form 4 is essential.
- Proficiency in troubleshooting and problem-solving.
- Strong command of Microsoft Office / Google Workspace applications.
- Proven ability to investigate audit findings, conduct root cause analysis, and develop procedures/policies/guidance.
- Demonstrated track record of overseeing training initiatives and identifying training needs within an engineering department.
- Collaborative experience with Part M and Quality Assurance departments to ensure compliance.
- Thorough knowledge of CAA regulations and their documentation implications.
- Effective prioritization skills to meet deadlines and manage a demanding workload.
- Proficiency in assimilating data from multiple sources to drive corrective actions.
- Positive attitude, adept at motivating colleagues and maintaining team spirit.
- Methodical and composed even when faced with pressure.
- Flexible and adaptable approach to work.
- Strategic thinker with excellent problem-solving abilities.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Competent in conducting root-cause and 5-why's analysis.
- Skilled at fostering relationships with cross-functional teams and departments.
- A steadfast commitment to health, safety, and environmental procedures.
- Proactive and innovative approach to problem-solving and project implementation.
Why Work With Oaklands Global?
Oaklands Global has 50 years combined experience supporting candidates at all levels to help identify and secure their next position. At Oaklands Global we manage all applications with the upmost professionalism and confidentiality.
If the above opportunity is of interest to you, please apply today to Sarah Huxstep in confidence.
Whether your profile is shortlisted to the next step of the application process or not, we will keep you informed by telephone or by email.